As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining the computer systems of a company. Server management features heavily in this role, and you’ll be responsible for helping install, maintain and upgrading servers as the company requires.
The Skills Required
You will need:
- excellent customer care skills
- a clear and friendly telephone voice
- good computer skills
- excellent communication skills
- good teamwork skills
- the ability to work unsupervised
- the ability to work quickly and under pressure
- a professional attitude when dealing with customers
- Foreign language skills may be useful for some jobs.
In some cases no formal qualifications are required, on the other hand, you can study for a Computer Sciences degree or other computer related courses and gain your experience of prevailing systems as you work.
Qualifications such as a Bachelor degree, with a technical subject such as engineering or computer science can, of course be taken before work but gaining yourself an internship and becoming certified in a specific server program are also good ways to begin your career.
Crofton is a village near Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England, about 4 miles (6 km) south-east of the city, some 6 miles (10 km) to the west of the town of Pontefract, and 4 miles (6 km) from the town of Featherstone. The population of the civil parish at the time of the 2011 census was 5,781. Crofton is located on the A638 road that runs between Wakefield and Doncaster and serves as the village's lifeline. There are several bus routes which run from Crofton:
• 148, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Knottingley and Pontefract via Crofton.
• 195/196, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Hemsworth via Crofton and Walton.
• 485, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to South Elmsall via Ackworth Crofton and Agbrigg.
• 496/497, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Upton via Belle Vue, Crofton and South Elmsall.
• The P2/6, Poppletons Coaches – Pontefract to Wakefield via NEW College, North Featherstone, Ackton, Sharlston, Crofton and Walton