The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
This small and rural town not far from Oxford is a stunning countryside location, whilst not being overly secluded. Our Meridian branch in Witney is based in the town centre, which has ample places to shop and offers various daytime activities, such as a Cineworld and Witney and District Museum.
Whilst Whitney itself doesn’t have its own train station, it is not far from the train station at Hanborough, which is only a short drive down the A4095. Being so close to Oxford, Witney can be accessed via many major road routes, such as the A40, M40 and A420. Oxford similarly has its own train station, so you really aren’t stuck for travel options, despite being a more rural town. Witney therefore balances a quieter and less demanding life which may be the case in a major city, without being too isolated from travel and shopping options.