The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Known as one of the more modern and picturesque places in Manchester, our branch in the Salford Quays is but one of many unique and flourishing businesses in the media-orientated section of Greater Manchester.
Surrounded by thriving businesses such as the BBC, ITV, The Lowry Theatre, and the Lowry shopping centre which in and amongst itself is a tourist and local attraction. Not far from other famed Manchester tourist attractions either, such as Manchester United’s very own Old Trafford Football Stadium, The Imperial War Museum, and the rest of Trafford Park.
It is also situated right nearby to Chester Road (A56), one of the most used roads for public transport from Trafford into the City Centre. A plethora of trams and buses all travel in and around Salford Quays to ensure you are never more than ten minutes’ walk from public transport.