The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Rossington is a civil parish and former mining village in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire and is surrounded by countryside and the market towns of Bawtry and Tickhill.
Named in Anglo-Saxon meaning 'Farm on the Moor', Roman remains have been found in Rossington. Before Henry VII it was in Nottinghamshire and is made up of a number of hamlets and villages. The expansion in this area came with the growth of the Rossington Main Colliery in the mid-twentieth century. This brought jobs and people to Rossington but the decline of the industry hit the area hard. Today, there has been a lot of money invested in regeneration and it is growing.
Just off the A638 and M18, Rossington boasts easy access around Yorkshire and nearby towns and cities. Doncaster is just 5.2 miles away and that is also where the nearest train station is found. Robin Hood airport is less than 10 minutes by car.