The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Leighton Buzzard is a market town in Bedfordshire, England, near the Chiltern Hills and lying between Aylesbury, Tring, Dunstable and Milton Keynes. Located 36 miles northwest from Central London, the town is linked to the capital by the Grand Union Canal and the West Coast Main Line to London Euston. Situated on the River Ouzel, in the southwest of the county and close to the Buckinghamshire border, it adjoins Linslade and the name Leighton Linslade is sometimes used to refer to the combination of the two towns; parts of this article also apply to Linslade as well as Leedon. For local government purposes, the town is part of the Central Bedfordshire district and is administered jointly with Linslade as the civil parish of Leighton-Linslade. Leighton Buzzard has undergone significant growth in recent years, and is now a significant commuter town within the London commuter belt, listed as the 32nd largest commuter town according to the 2011 census. Since 2011, it is likely that this trend has continued due to good transport links.