The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
The Scottish city of Glasgow is a perfect balance between modern efficiency and beauty, with a blend of rustic and astonishing architecture that still stands today. Glasgow has various art galleries and museums that are unmissable, including the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and the award-winning Riverside Museum. Glasgow has a very unique feel about the city, and is a great place to live and work, as it incorporates the Scottish culture into the United Kingdom in a tourist-friendly way.
Glasgow is also easily accessed from the rest of the United Kingdom, with several motorways accessing the city from various directions, including the M8, M74, M77 and M80. There are also many train stations across Glasgow city, making train travel an added ease. If this wasn’t enough, Glasgow International Airport offers tourists and locals alike an easy travel system to further out locations across the world.