The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Filton is a suburban town and civil parish in South Gloucestershire, England, north of the City of Bristol and approximately 5 miles (8 km) from the city centre. The town centres upon Filton Church, which dates back to the 12th century and is a Grade II listed building. The name of the town comes from the Old English feleþe (hay), and tūn (farm, field). The name dates back to at least 1187.Filton has large areas of open space which include several playing fields, a golf course and the former Filton Airport (closed in 2012). Filton is perfect for accessibility, the A38 (Gloucester Rd N) linking onto the A4174 (Link Rd) are right on top of Filton (Filton Roundabout) with a main B road (B4056) coming off it right into Filton.