The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Recorded in the Domesday Book as Stirestrop, the village has since been known as Tristrop and became Streethorpe in the 17th century. The Manor House was built by the Swyft family and remained in their name until the money was squandered and London merchant Daniel Baker bought it. Their family sold it to the Cooke-Yarbarough family in 1769 and they built the Georgian hall in the village. It was the Eden family who made the biggest mark on the village though - and this is where the modern day name comes from.
On the A18 into Doncaster, Edenthorpe is just four miles away from the town. The A630 off the M18 runs south of the village and the motorway offers easy access south to Sheffield, north to York or east to Scunthorpe. Neighbouring Kirk Sandall has a railway station on the Sheffield to Hull line and Robin Hood Airport is a 20 minute drive away.