The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
This southern town in London is a booming cultural area, in a prime location for workers who need to commute. Found close to Gatwick Airport, and only a fifteen minute train journey from East Croydon to the Airport, the large town is easily accessible and has great transport links to various areas across London and indeed across south of England.
Croydon has to offer some very unique attractions too, making it both a nice place to live, and a popular tourist attraction. These include the Croydon Airport Visitor Centre, the Museum of Croydon and Boxpark Croydon, to name but a few. These places are bustling tourist and resident attractions, and keep businesses going and residents occupied in the area.
On top of all this, Croydon has many beautiful locations and stunning nature walks to occupy your free time, including Coombe Wood, Wandle Park and Millers Pond.