The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
A beautiful city located in the heart of Cheshire, it is famed across Britain as one of the most beautiful and history-rich areas in all of the United Kingdom. Boasting impressive landmarks, such as Roman Walls, Cathedrals, and the famous Chester Zoo, tourism and sightseeing in Cheshire is a walk in the park. Cheshire is also not far from the coast, and is conveniently placed, within an hour from Liverpool, Manchester and the Welsh border.
The city is also not far from various motorways, including the M6 and the M56, two well-maintained and commonly used motorways in the North West. The city is also surrounded by many major roads and A-road systems, making it easily accessible and easy to travel to and from across the North West of England. There is also Chester Train Station, should one want to travel a little further or quicker in and out of the city.