The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Armthorpe is a village and civil parish which forms the eastern edge of the Doncaster urban sprawl within the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. Historically within the West Riding of Yorkshire, it has a population of 12,630, increasing to 14,457 at the 2011 Census. Today, on average, Armthorpe remains one of the more affluent areas of Doncaster. Like all urban populated areas, Armthorpe does contain areas which suffer from low esteem. These areas are mainly located in the former pit stock housing with more affluent households being located in the cul-de-sac and bungalow housing stock that dominates the Ward. Armthorpe has a thriving local community with an abundance of shops and amenities. New industries and jobs have moved into the area and are centred on the distribution centres that are located next to the M18 Motorway operated by Global distribution players such as IKEA and Fellowes.