The role of Security staff is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- • a mature and responsible attitude to work
- • honesty
- • a polite and helpful manner
- • a reasonable level of physical fitness
- • the ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- • the confidence to challenge people when necessary
- • the ability to use your initiative and make quick decisions
- • the ability to work with technical equipment such as CCTV
You do not usually need academic qualifications to start work as a security officer but a good standard of general education would be helpful.
Previous experience of working in the police or armed forces could also be useful.
Alveston is a village, civil parish and former manor in South Gloucestershire, England, inhabited in 2014 by about 3,000 people. The village lies 1 mile (1.6 km) south of Thornbury and 10 miles (16 km) north of Bristol. Alveston is twinned with Courville sur Eure, France. The civil parish also includes the villages of Rudgeway and Earthcott. Even though Alveston is a small village, it has the A38 running right next to it so it makes things a lot easier for people that are trying to access the village and other surrounding villages.